Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Frazzled
OK, so the novelty of summer has officially worn off as of tonight! My house is upside down and inside out. Some people may think that's fun but unfortunately for me my brain tends to be in the same state as my house. Therefore my brain is also upside down and inside out. There are piles of stuff everywhere. My purse is overflowing with receipts and coupons and flyers which I generally have a handle on but they have gotten the best of me. I have piles of papers for MOPS(mothers of preschoolers) everywhere and I keep writing notes then writing them again and again because I cannot figure out where I put the first three. I keep cleaning and no less than 38 seconds later everthing is a mess again thanks to the three monkeys living here who are bored to tears with summer. They even do chores and turn around and undo their own work. I considered taking pictures of the messes to post but I am too exhausted and it just makes me want to CRY! Right now I am looking at the computer screen and trying not to notice total mess all around this desk because the boys have "shuffled" everything again. Did I mention that for the 122nd time today the couch cushions (all 10 of them) are on the floor sliding around in the yogurt that was not supposed to leave the kitchen! You cannot walk around this house without shoes because you will surely step on a lego and scream like there is no tomorrow. Eric is bawling because he spent his hard earned $$ on candy which he hid...and David and Levi found and ate! Eric is demanding that they pay him back but you cannot even understand him because he is irrationally upset. Levi is throwing a tantrum strictly because Eric is upset and he doesn't want to be left out of the party. David has another nosebleed (btw, did you know the leading cause of nosebleeds is digital trauma? (thank you Jon)) and not one of the 18 boxes of tissues can be located at this moment because David likes to hide them! Why does a kid with so many nose bleeds hide tissues and then cry when they cannot be found? I have no idea! Why am I the only one who lives here that is uncomfortable in the mess. I used to be proud of the fact that I was an organized and tidy person. Now, I aspire to be a person who can live and function and be content in total chaos. They tell me this will end one day and I will miss it. I fear I'll be in the looney bin by then so it won't matter!! I'd like to think that things will get better once school starts and we get back into a routine but that is guaranteed to bring it's own frustrations. For now I think I'll have to continue hanging desperately onto God! and I guess I could go clean now that the boys are finally asleep but all I really want to do is fix my blog template which is turning out to be an exercise in futility!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Want to come over one afternoon and make a mess of my house instead?! You are more than welcome! I hope it's getting better, I'm sure once school starts things will calm down, if only a little... I must go and clean up too (and put away groceries that have been sitting there since this morning)! By the way, your blog template looks good if that's any consolation!
Growing in Grace - Don't ya love it?!?
Trust me, someday you will miss having them around and underfoot. The mess "not so much!"
so do you have a paper chain up counting the days down 'til school begins again?! and to think that some moms cry when their kids go back...actually, i'm one of those moms!? i loved reading about your boy raising woes and cross my fingers that brady isn't that adventurous!! hope you're still smiling!
Post a Comment