Friday, February 22, 2008

Boring Winter Day

It's cold and rainy and gross out today so we are stuck inside. David and Levi were playing so well together that I decided to make them a fort. We put the couches together facing each other and took off the cushions. I put a fitted sheet over the top for a roof and VIOLA! They were amazed. They really got in to it and made a pretend fire over which they prepared dinner and roasted marshmallows.
Thank you mom for doing this with Steve and I when we were little so I could pass this fun on to my kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tery! Seeing this brought back so many memories! I am so glad your boys are enjoying the same kind of fun you and Steve used to have! Friday nights were great weren't they? Forts just kinda take you into a very special world of your own don't they?!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

you are the funnest mom! that looks like so much fun...i bet brady and kate would really go for something like that. i will have to try it one of these days. we are having icky weather right now, this might give them something fun and different to do!