Tree
Well, I suppose it was much more than a kiss. In fact I attacked that poor tree.
Here's the story:
The mosquito spray truck was coming down the road and I wanted to move the van FAST so he could back all the way down the driveway and kill those wicked skeeters in our back yard.
Here's the plan:
The plan was to back in between the two trees that are beside the driveway. Imagine parallel parking...FAST. I jumped into the van, looked in my mirrors and backed up...FAST.
Here's the problem:
As much as I knew I had to avoid a tree to get where I was going I didn't see it because it was in my blind spot. So I backed up...FAST.
Here's the funny thing:
I heard a load bang and wondered what happened. In a split second I realized it was me but it took me another couple of seconds to realize what I hit. After all, I didn't see anything behind me. DUH!
Here's what's not so funny:
This is part of my light stuck in the tree
This would be the bad tree that jumped out into the driveway behind me
Last, but not least, my poor van!
I have been driving for 14 years and this was my first accident. UGH! I guess I should just be thankful it was a tree I hit and not one of the boys. Poor David saw the whole thing from the end of the driveway and it scared him so bad he cried for a while. I couldn't even cry, or look at the van because I had to console him first.
So Frustrating!
4 comments:
Tery,,, did you back into a flower planter in NY? Maybe my memory is wrong.KC
Crap! I forgot about that planter. That was a ligt tap though and didn't result in any damage that needed to be fixed! I also very lightly scraped the side of the van on the mailbox, come to think of it. Guess that will be fixed now that the whole panel needs to be replaced:)
Aww, Tery, I am so sorry! I guess we should have stayed for dinner and then you would have been distracted from said mosquito truck... Or, you would have just had a larger audience!
Yowza! Glad nobody was hurt..hope that repairs don't cost too much.
I love that you posted it..now you could scrapbook it with a little piece of the tree and tail light!
Ha Ha
David's response reminds me of my boys response when Zac was sawing apart the sofa in the apt.
Post a Comment