I got the call from the Nurse Trudy today. "Mrs. Carey, David got hit in the mouth with a hula hoop in gym class today and his tooth is bleeding." "No big deal" I tell her. "His tooth is dead and gross and it bleeds sometimes. Send him back to class, he'll be fine." Nurse Trudy calls again an hour and a half later. "Mrs. Carey, it's still bleeding and David just doesn't seem right." SO I went in to look at his tooth. EWWW! It was like a marshmallow...the tooth itself. It was wayyyyyyyyyy more gross than it had been. Off we went to the dentist to have it pulled. David was so scared that he hid in our yard hoping I would leave without him. I managed to bribe him into the car with the gameboy that Aunt Steph had just given us. I had no intention of giving it to the kids today but what could I do? I told him that if he was brave, the gameboy was his. If he stayed behind the tree and made us late then the gameboy was mine. He hopped right into the van and was the very picture of brave from that point on. The dentist couldn't believe how brave he was.
Here's the little trooper with his new best friend...which he has to share with his brothers after today!

No comments:
Post a Comment