...so our well has been acting up for the last couple of weeks. Since there has been a drought some people have wells that are drying up. A friend of mine just had to drill a new well at the everyday low price of $5,000. Ouch! Needless to say we were a bit nervous. Kem being the patient and thorough guy that he is researched and asked people about it. Today he got the parts he thought we needed and headed into the crawlspace under the kitchen. A few hours and one more trip to the store an VIOLA! all is back in working order. It only set us back 100 bucks and now Kem has some cool new pipe wrenches which he is excited about.
The thing I love so much about Kem is his attitude about these things. Sure he's annoyed and frustrated while he's trying to figure it out but when he's done he always says something like "Wow, I'm kinda glad that happened because now I know a little bit more about ________ (whatever the problem was). I'm so incredibly thankful for how he takes care of us and how talented he is at figuring these things out. Sure, I may get a little annoyed in the moment when his drive to conquer the challenge at hand consumes him but it is always for our good and I am always glad in the end! Thank You Babe. You're the best plummer, electrician, daddy, husband, and figure outer of the things life throws at us. You are one handy gadget and I'm proud you're mine!
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww, aren't you sweet! Patience is a virtue and he has it (and aren't you luck that he does)...
yikes- $5,000 for a new well! i'm so glad that kem has the drive to try new things out and be handy! this was such a nice post and i always love learning more about kem (& your boys...the post below!) your boys crack me up! even kem's excitement over new tools from his project makes me laugh.
i've noticed you're mia with blogger lately. i've been feeling the same thing. i absolutely love this connection we have to keep in touch, but i too feel like i need to pace myself and not post on absolutely "everything" ! it just makes me even more excited to see a post from you!!
have a great day!
Way to go Kem!!
Post a Comment