Sunday, September 23, 2007

Anniversary Surprise


I know that you were all wondering what my Anniversary gift to Kem was right??

I wish I could say I was a really great gift giver but I am entirely too cheap and too
practical for that sooooo....

Here it is:





It appears as though it is just a kitchen but in fact it is OUR kitchen and dining area...and I painted them while Kem was away! I wish I could convey to you how nasty the walls were prior to the paint job, I thought about taking a picture but I just didn't even want to remember. The walls just had white primer on them and that was all stained from the kids food and smashed bugs and who can even say what else was on those walls that I couldn't get off. I painted the ceiling in both rooms and put primer on to cover the grease and crayon marks then painted the dining area country white and the kitchen red...which I was sooooooo nervous about but I think it turned out pretty good.

In case you are still a little unsure of what exactly the GIFT was here it is two fold:
1. Kem does not need to be involved in the painting in any way shape or form which means not only that he doesn't have to paint but also that he doesn't have to take all the boys out for a long period of time so I can do it.

2. (and this is the biggie) Kem no longer needs to hear me complain about how nasty the walls are!

**When Kem came home he didn't even notice right away. He stood at the table saying "it smells a little funny in here doesn't it? Like ammonia or something?" I said "maybe paint?" And then he looked up and said "oh, yeah like paint!" MEN!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karen said...

What a beautiful paint job, It looks even better to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Great Job! I really like the red!
You're so BOLD!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

ooooooo...i love it! looks so nice! and i love love love the red! that's what i'm wanting on my kitchen wall! good job mom of 3 boys!!!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

btw- don't change your blog look!!! i think it's so nice & i love love love it!!

i told jon that he had to take a look at your kitchen...now we're needing to repent becuz we're totally coveting it! it's so nice !! you have me so inspired!!